Job Title: Team Manager
Salary: Up to £27,000
Job Category: Manager
Contract Type: Full-Time
We’re looking for people focused Team Manager (internally known as Squad Captain) to lead and motivate our Customer Operations (COps) squads to be able to delight our customers.
We’re building the best possible banking experience for and with our community of customers. We aim to delight people by making their financial lives simpler, and while having a great app is part of that, we pride ourselves on providing world-class, 24/7 support.
Our customer operations team is at the heart of Monzo: every person in this team not only cares about our customers’ problems, but is empowered to solve them quickly and with minimal fuss. We work in small squads of 8-10 people, which are split between communication channels and time periods.
For example, some squads specialise in social media responses, others in helping customers over the phone or responding via in-app chat. In addition, some squad members are office based and others work remotely around the world.
As a Squad Captain, you would lead one of these squads providing support to each individual member of your squad and coordinating their work. The key goal of your squad will be to ensure that our customers are happy and satisfied, and their issues are resolved quickly and completely.
This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it is helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
Your focus will be on helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development, listening, guiding them through hard times and celebrating their successes.
Every day you’ll spend your time:
– Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and ensuring everyone stays focussed on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives
– Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their personal, professional & performance goals
Empowering others to spot opportunities to make a difference to customers and Monzo’s ways of working
– Helping your team with the most difficult queries and master their knowledge around complex issues
– Regularly reviewing the quality of your team’s customer interactions to identify areas of potential improvement, both individually and structurally
– Managing performance and development by continuously giving feedback (which sometimes can be difficult) and always encouraging your squad members to improve and learn
– Motivating your squad, for example; we are growing rapidly and need to ensure COps remain engaged during challenging periods of demand.
– Ensuring each member of your team is able to best deploy their strengths and develop their aspirations
You should apply if:
– You have ideally directly line-managed successful teams of 8-10 people to achieve their goals
– You have an empathetic and developmental leadership style
– You have experience of motivating teams working on ongoing operational work
– You have worked in a customer-centric role
– You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
– In order to be an effective squad captain you will need to know the ins and outs of the Customer
– Operations job, so you will start off as a frontline support daytime COp ensuring you’re fully trained (based on your individual needs). When you’re fully versed with all things COps you will then start the Squad Captain role.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here