Job Title: Senior Consultant -Analytics & Information Management
Job Category: Analyst
Contract Type: Full-time
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Want to extend your technical and advisory skills delivering total solutions to an outstanding client base? Joining Deloitte’s Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) team will enable you to combine your senior-level client advisory skills with your deep technical expertise – all within a high-impact environment.
The candidate will be expected to consult with all levels of a client’s business and be comfortable in front of the finance business and IT, and from the analysts to the CIO and CFO, and be involved in the full life cycle of an EPM project starting with the initial design of the performance framework through to the implementation of the supporting technology.
There is a new opportunity for a Consultant or Senior Consultant to join and help develop our EPM practice, specifically focusing on Business Reporting and Analytics, based on best in class EPM solutions like SAP HANA, Business Warehouse, Oracle Analytics Platform, Oracle BI, Tagetik etc.
This represents a unique opportunity to develop your career in Consulting within an established Big 4 consulting firm. You will have the chance to develop your expertise in EPM as well as in the delivery and implementation of large scale technology solutions as you work on a range of projects in cross-functional teams.
London, travel to client sites may be required
– Advising on good practice and processes in Business Reporting in order to improve the visibility, accuracy and timeliness during the reporting cycle;
– Demonstrating knowledge of client decision-making and support processes and key client business drivers;
– Designing and configuring EPM applications such as SAP BW, Oracle Analytics platform, SAP HANA, Tagetik in order to deliver a solution that best accommodates the Clients requirements as stated;
– Advising on the solution options available to accommodate the Clients requirements and the advantages and disadvantages relating to those options;
– Problem solving to identify and action appropriate remedies for technical errors associated with EPM applications and related components;
– Understanding industry context;
– Supporting client requirements gathering/analysis workshops;
– Taking responsibility for planning, scoping, managing and creating deliverables as part of a larger project team;
– Managing small teams on projects to deliver tasks, including providing guidance and feedback to junior team members;
– Establishing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles;
– Assisting in the development of client bids;
– Undertaking practice development activities including contributing to thought leadership pieces, running industry events, delivering training or managing team communications.
– Good working knowledge of Business Reporting disciplines for both Management and Statutory reporting
– Ability to translate business requirements to robust logical data models and KPI catalogues
– Relevant experience working in a financial discipline within management consulting OR relevant experience working in industry in financial / commercial roles.
– Hands on experience with Reporting and Analytic tools such as SAP HANA, SAP BW, Oracle Analytics or Tagetik on at least one full implementation lifecycle;
– Ability to translate technical information to non-technical individuals is essential, as well as the ability to present this to a range of audiences in a clear, concise, appropriate manner;
– Ability to travel and stay away from home up to five days a week.
Additional desirable experience includes:
– Knowledge of data modelling challenges such as data harmonisation, time dependency, master data management, currency handling
– Qualified/Part Qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent.
– Technical certification on any of the technologies mentioned above;
– Salary: Market rate; Start date: 27/9/2018 ; End date: 25/10/2018