Job Title: Senior Accounts Assistant
Salary: Competitive with Stock Options
Employer: Monzo Bank
Job Category: Finance
Contract Type: Full-Time
We’re looking for someone enthusiastic to support our Accounts Payable (AP) & Accounts Receivable (AR) operations in Cardiff and help us build an amazing finance function.
This isn’t banking as you know it — we are fast, agile and expect you to take ownership. We’re focused on our end goal of making money work for everyone. Today we have 800+ staff, over a million amazing customers and a UK banking licence. We’ve done this with a small, talented team, but we’re growing. Fast. One of our (many) next key missions is to evolve what we’ve built so far into a profitable, sustainable business.
The AP and AR function is currently outsourced. Following the successful migration of our cloud-based accounting system to Netsuite, and the recent hire of an Accounts Payable & Receivable Manager in London, we are looking to bring the function in-house and build the tools to support the continued expansion of the company. We are constantly taking on new suppliers and processing ever-increasing expenses. You will have an opportunity to join a brand new team of Accounts Payable specialists in Cardiff and work together with our London team and engineers to streamline all manual processes. This may include travelling to the London Office as and when required.
Everyday you’ll be:
– Working with the Accounts Payable and Receivable Manager to build out a capable team that can support the business as it grows
– Ensuring the smooth running of accounts payable and receivable team including review and completion of various processes such as posting of invoices, supplier reconciliations, responses to supplier queries etc
– Help manage our company card programme and expenses
– Supporting the Accounts Assistant and acting as point of escalation for payment/supplier queries
– Managing weekly payment run, making sure all invoices are paid on time and bank reconciled
– Reviewing the aged creditors’ reports with the team and actioning any issues
– Supporting the team in the set up of new processes and automation
– Helping to resolve teams inquiries, and pick up ad-hoc tasks as they come in (e.g reports on spend for particular suppliers etc)
You should apply if:
– Ideally you have some relevant experience in Accounts Payable & Receivable functions
– You can adapt to new systems easily (bonus points for experience with Netsuite and G-suite functionality)
– You love the challenge of learning new things and getting stuck in
– You have a great eye for detail and delight in investigating and solving issues for people
– You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
– You’re a self-starter and are hands-on
– What we’re doing at Monzo excites you!
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here