Job Title: Risk & Compliance Analyst, Firm Independence, Quality & Risk Operations
Job Category: Risk Analyst
Contract Type: Full-time / Permanent
Discover, investigate, influence.
Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge of becoming an expert and being relied upon by colleagues around the world?
The Analyst in this role will work within Quality & Risk Operations in Cardiff. This centre of excellence is a division of the firm’s Quality & Risk management function responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory and compliance support activities. Concentrating the efforts in a centre of excellence helps to ensure a high standard of compliance with the underlying regulations while enabling client facing teams to devote more of their time to providing services to their clients.
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic and flexible individual with good IT skills (particularly MS Excel) to help meet the increasingly high demands placed on this busy, exciting and innovative team.
– Maintain the accuracy and completeness of bespoke systems to create the required outputs
– Liaise with colleagues and Partners, answering queries and preparing management reports
– Undertake independent entity research to establish legal identity and nature of client
– Import and update monthly data from internal and external sources
– Assist in maintaining the global systems which the firm uses to adhere to auditor independence regulations
– Liaise with colleagues across our global network of offices to resolve complex queries
– Research the relationships between companies to understand corporate structures
– Provide ad-hoc support to the Firm Independence team and the Quality and Risk community when required
– Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
You will be based in the Quality and Risk team in our central Cardiff office.
Suggested work pattern:
Your professional experience
-Excellent research and analysis skills combined with good judgement and effective decision making capability
– Skillful communicators with strong interpersonal skills at all levels
– Enthusiastic team players but who can also be relied upon to solve problems on their own
– Flexible multi-taskers: This is a dynamic role and you’ll be working on multiple, often complex, cases at the
same time. Tight deadlines cannot phase you
– Discretion: You will be required to sign an enhanced confidentiality agreement and will be subject to certain investment restrictions
– A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel and databases
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimizing the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION CLICK HERE
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here