Job Title: Recruiter with Monzo
Salary: Competitive salary (taking into account experience and any specialism) plus stock options
Job Category: Recruitment
Contract Type: Full-Time
We’re building the world’s best bank, and we can only do this if we hire world-class people. Monzo has grown from less than 150 to over 300 people in the last 6 months, and we aren’t stopping! We’re looking for an experienced recruiter who can support that growth by sourcing and hiring talented, diverse people who are just as passionate about our mission.
You’ll spend your time:
– Helping us hire the right people, particularly those based in our Cardiff office
– Figuring out how best to do that and where to find the best and brightest candidates
– Helping build our employer brand in Cardiff so more great people want to come and work at Monzo!
– You’ll work with Hiring Managers to structure and run great hiring processes
Our hiring managers are often busy team leads and executives. They’ll need your help to identify what skills they’re looking for and how best to assess these. You’ll be confident challenging their thinking and asking the right questions to figure this out. You’ll own everything about the hiring process from beginning to end, and be skilled at convincing candidates to join us.
You’ll care deeply about diversity and inclusiveness, and giving candidates an amazing experience
We want to go the extra mile to make sure that every applicant to every job feels valued, respected and never wavers in their support for Monzo, whatever the outcome of their application. You’ll know where to find the right candidates from a range of backgrounds and have ideas about how to make sure they feel welcome at Monzo. And once we’ve decided we want to hire someone, you’ll move mountains in the background to make it an effortless, pleasant process, and keep that excitement burning.
You’ll love finding new candidate sources and be great at attracting people from diverse backgrounds
The Cardiff office is mostly made up of Customer Support workers. We’ll need to hire lots of them over the next few years but also keep the standard really high! You’ll have great ideas about where to find awesome people and how to make them excited to work at Monzo.
We’ll also need to hire other operational and leadership roles in Cardiff, so you’ll be happy to switch to sourcing when you need to find that perfect candidate for a hard-to-fill role. You’ll work closely with other members of the hiring team to solve company-wide hiring problems, share what you already know and learn from their experiences. As the team builds out, you’ll be able to continue specialising as an individual contributor, or explore development into management or leadership.
You’ll be passionate about making processes work better
We constantly refine our hiring processes to make them simpler and more effective. You’ll use data to work out what’s going well and where things could be better, and share your findings with other members of the hiring team so we can all improve.
You should apply if:
– You’ve significant experience a range of roles, preferably at high volumes
– You’re used to working in a fast-paced environment and dealing with shifting priorities
– You care deeply about inclusiveness and diversity
– You love sourcing and pride yourself on your resourcefulness
– You’re empathetic, adaptable and respectful of candidates’ needs and priorities
– You can tell whether somebody has the skills we’re looking for, without relying on previous job titles or qualifications.
It would be great if:
– You’ve got experience recruiting in-house at a startup
– You’ve got experience mentoring or managing other recruiters and/or hiring coordinators.
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in Cardiff.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll make this happen wherever we can – whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great life-work balance. We’re keen to make sure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary (taking into account experience and any specialism) plus stock options and lots of other benefits.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here