Job Title: Quality & Risk Analyst U1
Job Category: Analyst
Contract Type: Full-time
A national department based in our Cardiff offices forms a division of the firm’s Quality & Risk management function, providing a central resource to manage risk, regulatory and compliance issues.
The department has expanded its reach to support Deloitte firms in other countries, and currently has an opportunity on a team providing these services to Deloitte Canada.
The main work is in support of our client facing colleagues across the UK firm and the Deloitte network. There are obligations to conduct extensive research into our new clients and at various points in ongoing client relationships. Centralising this research work in a centre of excellence ensures a high standard of compliance with the underlying regulations while enabling the client facing teams to devote more of their time to providing services for their clients.
The Quality & Risk Analyst will have responsibility for:
– Conducting extensive research on our clients, typically using IT-based research tools
– Monitoring, managing and supporting progress of procedures for new client and new work acceptance
– Extensive liaison with internal customers, mainly in Canada
– Production of reports on potential clients and research files
– Reviewing and updating information held on existing clients
– Daily communication with and collaboration on work/projects with the National Quality and Risk Management team based in Toronto
The department is also involved in supporting risk management and the coordination of regulatory compliance within specific parts of the UK firm and the wider Deloitte network, and numerous additional projects arise from time to time. Individuals who demonstrate sufficient capacity and commitment in their primary roles might be given the opportunity to contribute to other projects, thus aiding their personal development.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
A successful applicant will be a self starter with a high level of IT user competence and will be required to learn quickly. Ideally they may have experience in a regulatory or business environment with knowledge of business structures which will have equipped them to understand or quickly learn the nature of the markets in which Deloitte competes.
They must demonstrate a mix of skills and attributes that would enable them to make a real contribution to a busy team operating as a centre of excellence for our firm. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to follow defined processes while thinking outside those boundaries.
They will be required to react to a variety of issues as they arise in order to be a successful part of this unique team. Prior knowledge of risk management or experience of financial services is not essential. A successful candidate will be required to sign enhanced confidentiality agreements and will be subject to certain investment restrictions on joining.
To qualify for the role you must have:
– A high level of IT user ability, including database use. Training time will be allowed for adaptation to in-house IT tools
– Ability to carry out research and analyse results
– Team working
– Working with initiative within agreed processes, managing workload effectively
– Effective judgement and decision making
– Attention to detail and focus on quality
– Customer service
– Ability to manage and adapt to regular changes
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to operate within the team and across our firm
– Additional desirable experience includes:
– Experience of Risk Management or Financial Services
– French speaking is desirable but NOT essential
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here