Job Title: Payroll Team Leader
Salary: Up to £23,500 depending on experience
Job Category: Business Support
Contract Type: Full-time
As the Payroll Team Lead you will have responsibility for a small team of payroll advisors and will become a subject matter expert in your area of the payroll business.
Your team will be responsible for delivering a range of customer-focussed activities, spanning the end-to-end payroll process – processing payroll input, handling service requests, responding to payroll queries, checking payroll results, liaising with employees, line managers and 3rd party organisations. Your team will provide support to the SSCL contact centre and colleagues across SSCL with the desire to deliver a great customer experience and secure the best business outcomes for our client running throughout everything that you do.
You will lead your team to deliver the highest quality of service and you will manage both quantitative and qualitative service measures, and will continuously look for ways to improve performance and refine the end to end processes. You will steer the workflow of the team based on service measures, client priorities and payroll cycles, giving your team clear direction and an understanding of the goals we’re working towards.
Delivering client’s payroll requirements is no easy task. To do this, we need Team Leaders who excel at delivering excellent customer service, have control across a range of administrative processes and can inspire their team to deliver a great service under sometimes challenging circumstances.
– Deliver the payroll service to the highest quality for employees, line managers, and ultimately clients, adhering to service measures and seeking to secure the required business outcomes.
– Lead a small team – manage day-to-day activities, undertake line manager duties, motivate and inspire your team members and encourage them through effective communication.
– Complete quality checks to the appropriate agreed level, highlight any errors, provide feedback and support in one to ones.
– Monitor progress of payroll transactions and service requests in line with payroll timetable and escalate barriers / obstacles to Operational Lead
– Create and maintain great relationships with a range of stakeholders and 3rd party providers.
– Investigate complaints, analyse customer feedback and use data, seeking to continuously refine how we do things.
– Provide support to SSCL Contact Centre by taking ownership of queries handed to your team for resolution, communicating directly with the employee/client when required.
– Collect and provide statistical data / reports as required.
– Work as one team across the full range of payroll teams, to ensure all key deliverables of the payroll service are met.
Essential Skills / Experience
– Ability to lead a small team.
– Ability to set and achieve performance targets.
– Experience of delivering a high quality customer service, in a professional manner
– Excellent communicator – within a team setting, over the telephone and in writing.
– Effective team player, who displays commitment and flexibility.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– Effective problem solver.
– Excellent numerical and analytical skills
– Excellent understanding of statutory legislation e.g. NI, auto enrolment, PAYE, Court Orders,
Desirable Skills / Experience
– Experience of working within a high-volume processing environment.
– Experience of working with teams across multiple sites.
– Experience of working with relevant systems e.g. Oracle, epayfact
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here