Job Title: Experienced Payroll Manager
Salary: £27,500 depending on experience
Job Category: Business Support
Contract Type: Full-time
You will have responsibility for a team delivering both payroll services to SSCL clients. The role will have responsibility for delivering activities in line with Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements, ensuring that staff are working within required legislative guidelines.
Your teams will be responsible for delivering a range of customer-focussed activities, spanning the end-to-end payroll process – processing payroll input, handling service requests, responding to payroll queries, checking payroll results, liaising with employees, line managers and 3rd party organisations. Your teams will provide support to the SSCL contact centre and colleagues across SSCL with the desire to deliver a great customer experience and secure the best business outcomes for our client running throughout everything that you do.
You will be expected to actively support your Operational Manager and provide leadership, direction and motivation of people through leading your teams to deliver the highest quality of service. You will manage both quantitative and qualitative service measures, and will continuously look for ways to improve performance and refine the end to end processes. You will steer the workflow of your teams based on service measures, client priorities and payroll cycles, providing your teams with clear direction and an understanding of the goals we’re working towards.
Delivering client’s payroll requirements is no easy task. To do this, we need Operational Leads who excel at delivering excellent customer service, have control across a range of administrative processes and can inspire their teams to deliver a great service under sometimes challenging circumstances.
– Deliver the payroll service to the highest quality for employees, line managers, and ultimately clients, adhering to service measures and seeking to secure the required business outcomes.
– Actively monitor levels of work to ensure that your team meet agreed KPIs and SLAs
– Raise any issues of service incidents as soon as they are identified to ensure senior SSCL stakeholders are informed
– Lead a number of teams – manage day-to-day activities, undertake line manager duties, motivate and inspire your team leaders/members and encourage them through effective communication.
– Complete quality checks to the appropriate agreed level, highlight any errors, provide feedback and support in one to ones.
– Planning and production of monthly Payroll Timetables. Re-planning as necessary to cater for change.
– Manage timely production of Management Information, identify trends and opportunities for improvement
– Timely production of Payroll Controls Matrix
– Maintain, review and improve systems to deliver a quality value for money service
– Monitor progress of payroll transactions and service requests in line with payroll timetable and escalate barriers / obstacles to Operational Manager
– Create and maintain great relationships with a range of stakeholders and 3rd party providers.
– Investigate complaints, analyse customer feedback and use data, seeking to continuously refine how we do things.
– Ensure your teams provide support to SSCL Contact Centre by taking ownership of queries handed to your team for resolution, communicating directly with the employee/client when required.
– Work as one team across the full range of payroll teams, to ensure all key deliverables of the payroll service are met.
Essential Skills / Experience
– Ability to lead a number of small teams.
– Ability to set and achieve performance targets.
– Experience of delivering a high quality customer service, in a professional manner
– Excellent communicator at all levels – within a team setting, over the telephone and in writing.
– Effective team player, who displays commitment and flexibility.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– Effective problem solver.
– Excellent numerical and analytical skills
– Excellent organisational and planning skills.
– Demonstrable ability to continuously improve performance through establishment and communication of a vision for the future and proven ability to manage and deliver change at pace
– Experience of leadership of multi-disciplined teams serving a high volume customer base
– Strong interpersonal skills and commercial acumen with the ability to work with people of mixed levels within the organisation and engage with clients where needed taking into account the commercial aspects of the business
Desirable Skills / Experience
– Experience of working within a high-volume processing environment.
– Experience of working with teams across multiple sites.
– Experience of working with relevant systems e.g. Oracle, epayfact
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here