Job Title: Payroll Control Consultant
Salary: Up to £23,500 depending on experience
Job Category: Business Support
Contract Type: Full-time
You will be a specialist expert in your area of the payroll business.
You will be responsible for delivering a range of customer-focussed activities covering Payroll running, payroll reconciliations, compliance and global table configuration across the full range of SSCL’s customer base.
You will provide support to the SSCL payroll team and contact centre and colleagues across SSCL with the desire to deliver a great customer experience and secure the best business outcomes for our client running throughout everything that you do.
You will lead your team to deliver the highest quality of service and you will manage both quantitative and qualitative service measures, and will continuously look for ways to improve performance and refine the end to end processes. You will steer the workflow of the team based on service measures, client priorities and agreed payroll cycles, giving your team clear direction and an understanding of the goals we’re working towards.
Delivering payroll runs and reconciliations is no easy task. To do this, we need Control Consultants who have a keen eye to details, excel at delivering excellent customer service, across a range of processes and can inspire their team to deliver a great service under sometimes challenging circumstances.
– Deliver the payroll processing and reconciliation service to the highest quality for employees, line managers, and ultimately clients, adhering to service measures and seeking to secure the required business outcomes.
– Deliver the production of payslips and P60s for the agreed set of clients in a timely and effective manner, ensuring all required timescales are met
– Ensure any errors/issues in respect of payroll reconciliation accounts are investigated and cleared in line with the agreed timescales
– Support the payroll team – motivate, inspire and advise the team members and encourage them through effective communication.
– Complete quality checks to the appropriate agreed level, highlight any errors, provide feedback and support in one to ones.
– Monitor progress in line with agreed timetables and escalate barriers / obstacles to Operational Lead
– Create and maintain great relationships with a range of stakeholders and 3rd party providers.
Investigate complaints, analyse customer feedback and use data, seeking to continuously refine how we do things.
– Provide support to SSCL Payroll Team by taking ownership of queries handed to your team for resolution, communicating directly with the employee/client when required.
– Collect and provide statistical data / reports as required.
– Work as one team across the full range of payroll teams, to ensure all key deliverables of the payroll service are met.
Essential Skills / Experience
– Ability to drive through a team wide process
– Ability to set and achieve performance targets.
– Experience of delivering a high quality customer service, in a professional manner
– Excellent communicator – within a team setting, over the telephone and in writing.
– Effective team player, who displays commitment and flexibility.
– Excellent organisational skills.
– Effective problem solver.
– Excellent numerical and analytical skills
– Excellent understanding of statutory legislation e.g. NI, PAYE,
– Good understanding of Payroll Run Compliance check
– Good understanding of payroll reconciliation
Desirable Skills / Experience
– Experience of working within a high-volume processing environment.
– Experience of working with teams across multiple sites.
– Experience of working with relevant systems e.g. Oracle, epayfact
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here