Job Title: Motor Claims Handler job based in Cardiff
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 per annum
Job Category: Claims
Contract Type: Full-time
To apply email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proactively manage an allocation of motor claims from the initial report to closure. This will involve claims from customers – (accidental damage & fire / theft losses) in addition to third party damage claims including or excluding claims for credit hire and losses involving bodily injury. Furthermore, actively seek subrogated recoveries and negotiate liability as the loss circumstances dictate.
Contribute to delivery of SLA’s, target loss ratio & average claim costs by Heads of Damage.
No line management responsibilities
– Being conversant with the business’ compliance procedures and risks to ensure compliance with all regulatory and legislative requirements.
– Actively seeking and providing input that may lead to improved operational processes within the claims area.
– Supporting the Head of Claims with day to day departmental activity.
– Ensuring quality, service standards and productivity levels are maintained to a high standard and in line with the company’s expectations.
– Continuously drive improvement in the service delivered to our clients and their policyholders.
Customer communications via live chat, phone and email.
– Handling accidental damage, fire, theft & vandalism claims from report to settlement.
Dealing with all aspects of third-party damage claims including those involving credit hire and bodily injury.
– Actively seeking subrogated recoveries and negotiate liability as the loss circumstances dictate.
– Identifying potential fraud using knowledge of fraud indicators, SIRA or other available tools and acting in accordance with company stated guidelines to deal with such claims.
– Complaint handling
Able to interpret data to identify trends to inform action.
Strong communicator able to build relationships with Customers, Third Parties and Hedgehog Suppliers.
Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience working in a motor claims environment.
Able to mentor more junior members of the team & interact with all other staff.
– Self-motivated & able to work within a team framework.
– Prioritise own work daily to ensure compliance with SLAs.
– Display strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask.
– Make sound decisions within defined timescales and ensure they comply with the latest relevant claims handling guidelines and appropriate legislation.
– Prioritise reaching amicable claims settlements to avoid unnecessary complaints and litigation wherever practical.
– Act as a technical referral point for less experienced staff.
– Acquire and maintain knowledge of and understanding of the principles and methods relating to:
– Compliance & Regulatory matters directly relating to your role.
– Legislation relating to the handling of motor claims.
– IT Systems and internal procedures.
– General Insurance
– Demonstrate the ability to use technical skills and knowledge appropriate to the task in a wide variety of situations and consistently to the required standard.
– se skills and knowledge to optimise the achievement of results and achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
– Be able to deal with claims from customers including instances where a vehicle may be damaged beyond repair, stolen, vandalised or damaged by fire.
– Be able to persuade claimants to accept our offer to intervene and deal with damage, hire and / or claims for bodily injury.
– Working understanding of the current market practices for intervening on all aspects of third party claims to facilitate high levels of successful intervention, thereby reducing exposure to inflated losses.
– Able to recognise the difference in the cost of claims being captured compared to those when represented by Solicitors, Accident Management Companies or Credit Hire Organisations.
– Demonstrate sound knowledge of the ABI Protocol and intervention challenges that may be used as a non GTA subscriber to challenge claims presented.
– Working understanding of the current market trends, caselaw and tools required to challenge any Third-Party claim.
– Display awareness of identifying potential fraud using knowledge of fraud indicators, SIRA or other available tools.
– Experience of processing claims received via the MOJ Portal or dealing with claims that fall out of the Portal until concluded.
– Able to use the Claims Outcome Advisor Portal & accurately interpret the output.
– Minimum 2:1 graduate degree