Job Title: Morning Team Leader with Monzo
Salary: circa £25,000
Job Category: Customer Service
Contract Type: Full-time
We’re building the best possible bank for a billion customers, and to do this we need to grow our amazing customer support team.
We’re looking for smart, people focused Team Leaders (internally known as Squad Captains) to lead our Customer Operations (COps) squads to continue delighting our customers.
Our customer operations team is at the heart of Monzo: every person in this team not only cares about our customers’ problems, but is empowered to solve them quickly and with minimal fuss. We work in small squads of 8-10 people, which are spread over different offices and time periods.
As a Squad Captain, you have two main focuses:
Making sure our customers are happy and satisfied, and their issues are resolved quickly and completely. This will involve organising people around you and taking quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it is helping to build scalable processes that are fit for purpose, supporting a training need, or addressing something going wrong.
Helping each member of your team with their personal and professional development. Listening to them, guiding them through hard times, and celebrating their successes.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
– Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and ensuring everyone stays focussed on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives.
– Coaching and supporting your team to achieve their personal, professional & performance goals.
– Empowering others to spot opportunities to make a difference to customers and Monzo’s ways of working.
– Helping your team with the most difficult queries and master their knowledge around complex issues.
– Regularly reviewing the quality of your team’s customer interactions to identify areas of potential improvement, both individually and structurally.
– Motivating your squad; we are growing rapidly and need to ensure COps remain engaged during challenging periods of demand.
Your working life
The salary for this role is around £25k, with an additional multiplier offered for anti-social hours. All Monzo team members also get share options as part of their package – read more about what this means here.
This position is full-time, and would involve working Monday – Friday. Morning shifts start between 4am and 6am, and finish between 1pm and 3pm. You will be based remotely, but will have frequent opportunities to work from our Cardiff or London offices.
To be a brilliant Squad Captain, you’ll need to know the detail of the Customer Operations role. This will involve attending our London or Cardiff offices for two weeks of initial training, before spending a further 4-6 weeks providing frontline support. Once you’re up to speed on all things COps, you’ll transition into the Squad Captain role and begin working with your team.
You should apply if:
– You have ideally directly line-managed successful teams of 8-10 people to achieve their goals
– You have worked in a customer-centric role
– You have experience motivating teams working on ongoing operational work
– You are a UK resident (and live in the UK for at least 6 months of the year)
– You have the right to work in the UK
– You are comfortable working remotely
– You are an early riser
The interview process
The interview process will be 30-minute phone call, a practical exercise, and two consecutive one-hour interviews (either remotely, or from our office in Cardiff).
If successful, you’ll join a growing team of customer operations specialists who, with the help of our exceptional engineers, designers, product people, and banking experts, are on a mission to change banking forever.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here