Job Title: MI Analyst job based in Cardiff
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 salary (dependant on experience)
Job Category: Analyst
Contract Type: Full-time
To develop and deliver Management Information reports and provide analytical services across the business.
– Contributes to delivery of premium and income targets.
– No line management responsibilities.
– Build reports from the Company’s data warehouse to enable business users to monitor, reconcile, analyse and report on business volumes, insurance premiums and claims.
– Ensure consistency of reporting across different business units, and make sure that any differences are highlighted and understood.
– Liaise with software developers to ensure that the data warehouse can deliver the business’ requirements.
– Explore and evaluate data sources, recommending how these can be exploited to improve business performance.
– Assist staff across the company to use the data warehouse.
– Support the production of insurance committee reports.
– Conduct regular reviews to ensure that the data warehouse accurately reflects business performance and is fit for purpose.
– Provide support to key stakeholders on various projects
– Demonstrated ability to use a range of analytical tools (eg Looker, Snowflake, R, SAS, VBA) to build reports. Coding skills (eg SQL) preferred.
– An understanding of statistical techniques and how these can be used to support decision-making.
Able to identify, investigate and explain emerging data trends.
– Excellent communicator able to liaise with both technical and non-technical staff.
– Strong report-writing skills.
– 2+years relevant experience within a technical data environment.
– An understanding of insurance reporting requirements.
– Able to use own initiative and progress work independently, delivering within agreed timescales.
– Creative approach to problem solving. Able to identify, investigate and explain data trends.
– Attention to detail – ensuring that reports are accurate, fit for purpose and meet user requirements.
Educated to at least degree level (or equivalent) in a mathematical/computing subject.
– £30,000 – £35,000 salary (dependant on experience)
– A generous 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
– A great central Cardiff office
– Subsidised all day car parking in the city centre
– Free Monday breakfast from Milk & Sugar every week
– Discounted food and drink at a local outlet
– Nest pension
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org