Job Title: Learning & Development Professional
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Employer: The Welsh Contact Centre Forum
Job Category: Business Support
Contract Type: Temporary, fixed term until November 2021
The Welsh Financial Services and Data Science Graduate Programmes are strategic, talent creation initiatives, managed by the Welsh Contact Centre Forum, in partnership with leading employers and academia and part funded by the European Social Fund.
Our collective aim is to develop a best in class, graduate development programme which develops graduates into highly sought after industry professionals by programme end. The L&D Manager role is integral to the successful achievement of our programme aims, by ensuring the delivery of a high quality graduate training and development programmes and excellent learning experience for graduates.
This exciting and unique opportunity will enable you to work closely with key stakeholders at mid to senior level across our employer network, academia and key stakeholders such as the Office for National Statistics.
– Working effectively with employers/managers to ensure employer training & development programmes are delivering high quality learning experiences for graduates and are consistent across the consortium.
– Introduce L&D innovation and benchmarking against best practice graduate programmes in order to continuously improve and offer a best in class graduate programme.
– Development of a graduate competency framework and high quality training and development plans.
– Work with employers to develop an effective performance management system and ensure a consistent approach is applied across the employer network through close liaison with employers, managers and graduates.
– Working closely with University Partner(s) to ensure delivery of a high quality and current
– Masters level qualification, which meets employer, graduates and WCCF requirements and expectations.
– Develop an online financial services and data science community to share current thinking and best practice amongst all stakeholders.
– To work closely with the Liaison Manager to ensure regular intelligence and data regarding the MSc and placements are delivering to programme quality standards to ensure an excellent programme experience.
– Develop relationships with recruitment partners i.e. Welsh Universities to effectively raise profile of and promote programmes through direct contact and networking opportunities.
– To develop a holistic understanding of the wider programme strategic vision and objectives and support the development and delivery of future programmes, with potential to develop masters level apprenticeships.
– Develop and implement ongoing evaluation & continuous improvement processes and recommendations.
– Learning & Development professional, with 2 years + experience, preferably gained from working within financial/professional services environments.
– Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and strong articulation skills
Time management & planning – ability to think and plan ahead.
– Ability to confidently interact with senior employers and managers.
– High degree of accuracy and quality of written work
– Methodical and well-organised using processes to ensure deliverables are timely, cost effective and of high quality.
– Tenacious and determined in the pursuit of project objectives
– Pragmatic in the face of problems – capable to work both independently and in a team.
– Eager, hard-working and proud to deliver professional quality results.
– Resilient in the face of pressure with a strong ability to meet deadlines
– Positive attitude, a real pleasure to work with, who will roll up sleeves, find a way to get the job done and have fun doing it.
– Proactive ambassador for the Graduate Programmes
– Sound Microsoft Office skills.