Job Title: Head of ITS Project Controls and Support
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
Everyone knows technology is changing how business works. Experienced professionals like you are key to delivering the future of our business. Your expertise and guidance will give the ITS delivery function the tools, processes and people support to confidently deliver a complex portfolio, efficiently and with increasing pace. We have a significant ongoing investment in technology to underpin the future of our business and we are continually striving to enable our practitioners in delivering outstanding client service by providing the best technology. Efficient, responsive and high quality deliver of our project portfolio is critical.
The Head of ITS Project Controls and Support is a senior manager within the IT Services function. The role is responsible for ensuring that the project delivery is supported by appropriate tools, processes, governance and crucially the right skilled resources to enable effective and efficient delivery of the ITS projects portfolio, of 100+ projects.
The role will report to the Head of Portfolio Delivery and work closely programme managers, operations managers, Head of Quality, Head of Business Change, and CISO. This role have oversight of the resource management function and the PMO
– Ensure that there is accurate and update-to-date reporting across the portfolio: benefits delivery, quality, schedule and financial.
– Ensure accurate reporting on resource utilisation across ITS, working with op unit leads and programme managers to manage resource contentions.
– Ensuring that all projects benefit from the expertise of the PMO
– Lead the continuous improvement of the ITS project delivery framework (including supporting processes and tools) to drive more reliable project delivery and improved value for money from investments in projects.
– Assure projects are operating in accordance with project delivery framework.
– Project Deliver Team Development
– Ensure that there are sufficient suitably qualified and experienced project and programme management staff to deliver the overall portfolio.
– Support project professional development to gain experience, knowledge, and skills.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
To qualify for this role you must have:
– Cross-industry best practice experience of managing delivery of significant and complex portfolio
– Proven Leadership credentials with demonstrable examples of developing and leading High Performing Teams/People
– Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and manage technical and non-technical stakeholders up to and including C-Level, and explain complex technical concepts in non-technical language
– An innovative approach to problem solving
– A flexible and adaptable approach to work
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here