Job Title: Front-end web developer job based in Cardiff
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 salary (dependant upon experience)
Job Category: Developer
Contract Type: Full-time
Launched in 2018, Rostella is based in the heart of Cardiff and is a provider of car insurance services. This means we provide a range of functions including customer service, claims handling, underwriting, pricing and other car insurance related functions.
We’re a data-driven, agile company where everyone is expected to come up with ideas and help implement them to continually improve what we do and how we do it. Our aim is to create and maintain an industry-leading customer experience. All in an exciting, fast-paced, adapt and lean environment.
Rostella provides these services to its sister company Hedgehog. Hedgehog is a car insurance company which is on track to have over 50,000 insurance policyholders within the first two years of trading, then the sky’s the limit!
About the role
This is a very rare opportunity to join and experience working in a company at the start of an exciting journey. As our new Front-end web developer, you’ll work closely with our UX Manager to design and develop better journeys for our policyholders across all device and browser types.
As a growing company, we are continually evolving and improving what we do. This role will allow you to be a significant part in helping us to shape the business moving forward. This will be achieved through the development, testing and publication of our customer facing website and it’s dynamic quote machine.
Main responsibilities include
– Implementation and delivery of coding technologies
– Designing and developing an optimal customer experience for our policyholders, taking into account all browser and device types
– Continuous testing of our customer-facing website
– Adherence to agile scrum methodology
– Working closely with our development team in Maidenhead
– Thorough knowledge of all relevant coding languages
– Ability to understand a technical brief and challenge it if necessary
– Strong Microsoft Excel skills and a good understanding of Microsoft Office
– A keen eye for design and excellent attention to detail
– Keen to learn new technologies and introduce them to the business
– Ability to organise and prioritise workloads
– Excellent communication skills with colleagues at all levels within the Organisation
– A team player who’s happy to get stuck in whenever needed
– Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
– Can resolve problems in a calm and effective manner, knowing when to escalate issue to a Manager
– A minimum of 5 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics
– Minimum 1 year’s front-end development experience (essential)
– Knowledge and experience of the Insurance sector (desirable)
– £22,000 – £25,000 salary (dependent upon experience)
– A generous 25 days’ holiday allocation plus bank holidays
– A great central Cardiff working location
– Subsidised all day car parking in Cardiff centre option
– Free breakfast to kick start your week every Monday morning
– Discounted food and drink at a local outlet
– All you can drink tea and coffee
– Enrolment into a NEST pension
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org