Job Title: Financial Analyst job based in Newport
Employer: Wales and West Utilities
Job Category: Financial Services
Contract Type: Full-time
Wales & West Utilities are looking for Financial Analyst on a 24-month fixed term contract, to provide day to day control and management of treasury operations within a complex highly levered whole business securitisation structure with significant RPI exposures.
We’ll trust you to:
– Support the Treasury Controller in maintaining ongoing compliance with treasury policies and controls and proactively recommend improvements to controls and win approval from the Head of Treasury and Director of Finance
– Support the Treasury Controller in maintaining prudent levels of liquidity at all times and flag potential issues or opportunities
– Maintain comprehensive and up to date hard and soft copy filing of all contracts and other relevant documentation
– Maintain the database for all accounting postings on swap contract and debt contracts
– Prepare all debt and interest related disclosure in the statutory financial statements
– Support the wider treasury and Tax team.
You’ll need to have:
– ACA or ACCA qualification (essential)
– Working knowledge of all FRS 102 and IFRS accounting standards relating to treasury matters (IFRS 7, 9, IAS 32, IAS 39, IFRS 13, FRS 102, Going concern publications, relevant sections of Company law etc).
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
– The initiative to build up a network with peer professionals internally and externally
– You can read a detailed job description on our website.
What’s in it for you?
At Wales & West Utilities we believe people are our greatest asset and therefore we are committed to supporting each and every colleague in maintaining their wellbeing, both in their personal lives and at work.
To support this, we offer a package which includes:
– Competitive starting salary
– 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
– Competitive pension scheme
– Flexible benefits options
– The way we do things
Wales & West Utilities is a values-based business. You can find out more on our website.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here