Job Title: Developer. Risk Advisory
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time / Permanent
Deloitte Solutions Factory is looking for a developer who is passionate about building applications.
In this role you will be based in our Cardiff delivery centre and work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets.
Your role will have multiple responsibilities depending on the project type. In one project you might build an application’s architecture and data model.
• Develop solutions to meet project requirements
• Continuous testing of Application at both Developer and Tester stage.
• Work with the dev team to fix security vulnerabilities identified at application level
• Identify new tools and technologies to improve processes or implement additional
functionalities on applications
• Provide 3rd line support to Ops and Project teams
• Work with internal and external teams to develop solutions as required
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in the Cardiff office.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
• Ability to build enterprise applications and solutions. Technologies used within Solutions Factory are OutSystems, Qlik, Python, HTML, CSS etc
• Knowledge of the lifecycle of a solution
• Exposure to agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git/Lifetime, Jira, etc.)
• Exposure to working with APIs
• Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Strong communicator
• Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
• OutSystems Developer Training
• Scripting or programming experience (Python, Django framework, JSON etc.)
• Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
Your service line
We don’t just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here.
At Deloitte, you’ll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.