Job Title: Customer Support Senior Manager
Salary: Approx. £35,000-£45,000
Job Category: Contact Centre Manager
Contract Type: Full-Time
Internally known as Squad Captain Manager. We’re looking for an experienced senior customer support manager to be an empathetic leader for our Squad Captains and Customer Operations (COps) team.
Our customer operations team is at the heart of Monzo
Every person in this team cares about our customers’ problems and is empowered to solve them quickly and with minimal fuss. We work in small squads of 8-10 people, which are split between communication channels and time periods. Some squads specialise in social media responses, helping customers over the phone or responding via in-app chat.
As Squad Captain Manager, you’ll provide support and leadership
Each Squad Captain supports and coordinates the work of their team members. You’ll directly manage a number of Squad Captains so they can meet their personal and professional development goals. You’ll organise people around you and take quick action when you see a problem coming – whether it’s not enough people covering the right types of queries, a training need, or something going wrong.
You’ll listen to your people, guide them through hard times and celebrate their successes. You’ll have responsibility for some disciplinary and grievance matters and work closely with your colleagues in London and Cardiff to make sure that we apply these policies fairly across all areas of COps.
Communication between offices is a key challenge
You’ll work closely with other Squad Captain Managers and senior stakeholders within COps to share ideas and support each other. You’ll make sure communication between the London and Cardiff offices is seamless, gathering feedback and sharing the same consistent message with all team members.
Each day you’ll be:
– Instilling a strong customer-centric culture and keeping everyone focussed on what really matters: helping our customers with their personal financial lives
– Helping Squad Captains outperform in their roles by: having regular 1:1s with Squad Captains; giving and receiving feedback about people, process and QA; coaching, mentoring, and developing high performing squads and captains
– Running Squad Captain group sessions, e.g. knowledge sharing
– Supporting the interviewing and hiring of new Squad Captains/COps
– Helping us become an exceptional place to work for the ambitious, highly motivated COps that we hire
You should apply if:
– You have significant senior management experience, ideally in a customer-centric role
– You’ve led successful teams to achieve their goals and have an empathetic leadership style
– You’re as comfortable working 1:1 as communicating with large groups
– You empower your people to find solutions themselves
– You can motivate teams working on ongoing operational work
– You are very hands-on and solve problems when you spot them
– What we are doing at Monzo excites you!
You’ll spend your first months on the frontline
To be an effective Squad Captain Manager you’ll need to know the ins and outs of the Customer Support job. You’ll have frontline COps training in your first few months and then transition into the Squad Captain Manager role.
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in Cardiff.
Salary approx. £35,000-£45,000 plus stock options and other benefits.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here