Job Title: CloudOps (DevOps) Manager
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
Deloitte is creating a new Cloud Operations Team in Cardiff to support a wide range of offerings on cloud platforms. A core function, the team will play a pivotal role in supporting the wider North West Europe cloud strategy to deliver quality cloud services across this region. Cardiff is one of Deloitte’s hubs for supporting services and we are looking for talented individuals that seek to make an impact. In return you will be given the opportunity to showcase your talent, be fully supported in an ever-changing world of technology and have the opportunity to work and travel across EMEA.
This role oversees and leads the activities of the CloudOps team and is responsible for the automation of all manual tasks for the building and deployment of both code and data in order to enable continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks.
The Lead DevOps Engineer conducts training for junior DevOps engineers and other engineering teams on how to build processes where dependencies are represented clearly in code. The DevOps Engineer plays an operational role by troubleshooting issues in development systems and is also responsible for the architecture and technical leadership of the entire CloudOps infrastructure.
You will enable the automation of configuration management of all development, quality assurance and production servers, as well as the automation of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
– Develop and maintain cloud architecture and solutions optimised for cloud platforms
– Develop scripts to automate the deployment of cloud architecture and solutions
– Maintain and support the cloud services platform
– Monitor and maintain multiple solutions to meet project requirements
– Setup and manage backups, patching and AV/malware software across the environments
– Capture and share best-practice knowledge within Deloitte cloud teams
– Identify new tools and process to improve the cloud platform and automate processes
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
– Ability to build enterprise applications and solutions using AWS, Azure or Google
– Experience of automation and provisioning approaches, using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Bash, PowerShell, Python & C#.
– In depth knowledge of configuring and managing Linux and Windows environments
– Knowledge of agile software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jenkins, splunk etc.)
– Ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
– Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
– Strong communicator and decision maker
participate in 24×7 on-call rota
– Occasional travel to other Deloitte sites
– Be willing to submit to BPSS and Security Clearance (SC) vetting processes
Experience in the following is desirable:
– Cloud Solution Architect certification (AWS / Azure / GCP)
– Proven Scripting or programming experience (Python, Go, Bash, PowerShell, etc.)
– Proven Experience of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
– Linux and/or Windows sysadmin certification (eg RHCE)
– Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (eg Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here