Job Title: Cardiff: Office Manager
Job Category: Operations
Contract Type: Full-Time
We’re about to expand into an office six times the size of our current Cardiff office and are looking for someone organised and friendly to make it run smoothly from day one. The environment that people work in is crucial in supporting them achieve high performance. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about office space and wants to work with us to define what great office management looks like.
Monzo has been growing rapidly over the last year, from under 250 to nearly 700 people, and it’s not stopping! Our customer base has been growing too, and as a result our Customer Operations team has had to branch out into a new office in Cardiff. Whilst there are only just over 100 people in the Cardiff office there is scope for this to double over the next year.
You will be the first Office Manager in our new office and will have a unique opportunity to help make sure it grows successfully. Your primary responsibility is making sure the office runs smoothly so that the environment is a great place to work.
You’ll be part of the wider Space team, who are primarily based in London, but day to day you’ll interact with and support the Customer Operations squads based in Cardiff. Whilst they’re delighting our external customers, you will be doing your best to delight your internal ones.
You’ll be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, some of which include:
– Office management: arranging maintenance and improvements, managing the cleaning team, buying supplies from teabags to yoga mats!
– Optimisation: whilst we provide great benefits for our staff we want to make sure we are getting the best deal.
– Supplier management, negotiation and budget control will be a core part of your role.
– You will also be responsible for reviewing the office operations and implementing changes to make sure we are running an efficient office.
Building a community:
– organising socials and knowledge shares to build a strong and connected internal community. From karaoke to boardgames, yoga to painting nights, you’ll be responsible for curating a programme that keeps our Monzonauts engaged and developing personally and socially.
– Ad hoc tasks and projects: jumping on customer support when it gets busy, rewriting our team handbook…
You’ll dive into every challenge, however big or small and ensure that every member of staff in our Cardiff office has everything they need to work well at Monzo and feels connected to our London HQ.
You’ll work with people across every squad, using your initiative to determine what will most benefit from your attention, and doing whatever you can to ensure the office and team are running smoothly.
Each day will be different, and you’ll learn a lot about the inner operations of a rapidly growing company.
You should apply if:
– you multitask effortlessly and are ridiculously organised
– you prioritise high impact work, but never neglect the details
– you’re independent, proactive, comfortable making decisions, and great at communicating these
– helping people makes you happy
– you’re a resourceful problem solver who is cool in a crisis
Work will be on-site in our brand new office in Cardiff, UK, for the first three months. There may be opportunities to work from home on occasions after this. If successful, you’ll join a growing team of customer operations specialists who, with the help of our exceptional engineers, designers, product people, and banking experts, are on a mission to change banking forever.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here