Job Title: Business Development Internship – Atradius Bonding
Employer: Welsh Graduate Programme
Job Category: Paid internship
Contract Type: Full-time
Located at the Atradius Head Office in Cardiff Bay, this is a unique 6 to 12 month internship for a talented and proactive, Business Development graduate.
Atradius is a leading Bonding provider operating in 11 European markets and offers an exciting internship opportunity to work on a meaningful and impactful project, exploring the feasibility of introducing the business model of pension bonds to the UK market.
Following the internship, the successful candidate will be in pole position to apply to join the highly prestigious Welsh Financial Services Graduate Programme and undertake a paid, part time MSc qualification.
The internship will involve;
· Undertaking market research and competitor analysis to help formulate business strategy
· Interpreting data and analysing results
· Writing reports
· Presenting analysis to company stakeholders
Atradius is a global supplier of credit insurance, bonding and debt collecting services worldwide, helping its customers reduce exposure to buyers who fail to pay for the products and services they purchase.
Atradius in numbers:
· Total income of more than €1.7 billion,
· A market share of approximately 31% of the global trade credit insurance market
· Access to credit information on 200 million companies
· Presence in 45 countries
· More than 160 offices worldwide, with 3,300 multinational staff
Atradius offers a flexible working scheme, free on-site gym and potential business travel opportunities. View https://atradius.co.uk/ for further information.
· Graduates must be qualified to Degree Level, minimum 2.1, preferably in a Law, Business, Economics or related discipline.
· Specific experience of participating in/running major business or research projects, or writing business cases.
· Strong numeracy, oral and written communication (i.e. report writing) skills.
· Excellent visioning and research skills, able to make recommendations backed up by appropriate information and data
· Proven experience of communicating with key stakeholders
· Ability to work under own initiative, ensuring a clear understanding and focus is kept to the task at hand
· Confident, pragmatic, trustworthy and committed.
· Adaptability, ability to travel.
· Experience of working within Financial Services/Insurance/Banking in a project management/research role – including feasibility studies specifically taking into account applicable legislation and associated risks (including Brexit).
· Ideally knowledge/experience of Pension Surety Bonds & the UK market and interest in the Finance Sector & UK commercial legal frameworks and how they apply to Surety Bonds.
· Full UK Drivers licence
Please forward your CV and Covering letter explaining your interest in this position to Rowena@WCCF.UK by 13.2.19.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake online testing in numeracy and verbal reasoning and if successful, attend interviews at Atradius w/c 18.2.19.
Candidates must be available to commence the internship in March 2019.