Job Title: Associate, P1, Business Intelligence Services (Arabic speaker)
Job Category: Research
Contract Type: Full-time
Deloitte’s Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team is a unique global practice and a centre of excellence with over 250 employees throughout the world. The team specialises in gathering information from public record and other sources to assist clients in making informed business decisions.
The projects performed by BIS include high volume Integrity Due Diligence work, conducted on behalf of clients (frequently for the purpose of their compliance with legislation such as the UK Bribery Act) on their existing and proposed third party relationships, and ‘know your supplier’ background checks. Through projects such as these, BIS assists clients by conducting public record research on large volumes of third parties (either companies or individuals) on a global basis in English and the language of the jurisdiction in which the third party is located, to identify information on a variety of business related integrity and corruption issues.
The focus of our work will vary according to the specific issues with which the client is particularly concerned. Typically, however, high volume Integrity Due Diligence would focus on – amongst other issues – confirming that a subject exists and searching for reports (for example, in media articles or internet publications) of the subject’s involvement in ‘red flag’ issues, including the use of illegal methods to achieve business goals, using political links to gain a commercial advantage and (where relevant) involvement with organised crime groups.
We are currently seeking to fill a number of vacant Cardiff-based Researcher positions within the UK BIS team to conduct high volume searches. Good written English and grammatical skills are vital and – in addition to speaking and writing English to native standard – candidates should ideally be fluent in two or more other languages.
The Associate role will have responsibility for:
– Undertaking online research in English and/or the relevant language/s
– Gathering information on large numbers of both companies and individuals through online public record sources relating to a wide range of territories
– Compiling detailed and accurate written reports of research findings
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Central Cardiff
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
We are looking for:
– Good degree (2:1 or above) ideally in a discipline requiring research and writing skills (for example: international relations, politics, history, economics, languages or linguistics)
– Fluency (spoken and written) in Arabic + another language and fluency in written and spoken English
– Ability to use own initiative to follow up research leads, whilst being aware of information gathering methods that would not be acceptable to Deloitte
– Creative approach to the use of the internet for research
– Strong analytical skills and the ability to draw concise, evidence-based conclusions from research conducted
– The ability to pay attention to detail – ensuring that vital information is neither missed nor misreported
– Good oral and written communication skills – precision and full fluency in formal written business English is essential.
– The ideal candidate will have a flair for written work and be able to produce high quality documents under time pressure
– The ability to work well in a small team and to follow specific instructions given by the relevant manager
– Ability to structure research and reporting in a logical manner
– Ability to deal with a large number of requests at any one time and to work through them methodically
– Ability to switch between several different tasks and respond to unexpected deadlines and priorities. Our researchers will be expected to work on more than one assignment at any one time and must have the ability to prioritise work and balance conflicting demands for work
– Working/work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your service line
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here