Job Title: Assistant Manager: Service Management Specialist
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
As an IT Service Management Specialist in the Service Management team you will be required to forge close relationships with both key IT stakeholders ( ITS Ops Teams, Service Owners, ITS Senior Management), and the key Business stakeholders.
Through these relationships, you will be expected to gain detailed knowledge of which IT Services are used by the business and how they work collectively to meet their needs.
You will use this knowledge to provide a unique insight into the impact of IT activity on current business operations.
The role reports directly to the Incident, Problem, Capacity and Availability Manager and will be responsible for proactively assisting and managing Service Management activities on behalf of the Businesses to ensure achievement of the teams goals and objectives.
• Primary ‘Point of Contact’ for the Business for Service Management related activities.
– Major Incident & Incident Management
– Change Management
– Request Management
– Problem Management
• Develop and maintain relationships with IT and Business stakeholders, focusing on the services they need from IT to achieve their operational deliverables
• Work with customers and IT stakeholders to set and manage realistic expectation of services, reflected in service definition, scope and formal agreements
• Manage IT and customer communication channels to ensure timely dissemination of service information in both directions
• Liaise with Business Relationship Managers to ensure that service issues and concerns are reflected in relevant discussions with their business stakeholders
• Work with Business Relationship Manager participating in SLA/OLA negotiations
• Participate in CAB reviews representing the business requirements
• Identify potential service improvement opportunities and work proactively with the Business and ITS teams to action them
• Liaise with BRM’s to understand Demand Management requests
• Ensure IT Service conforms to Information Security policies and standards
• Strong experience working in a similar blue-chip organisation
• Demonstrable experience of working with IT service delivery teams and customers of IT
• Experience of managing end user, their requirements and expectations in relation to services
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to plan and manage own workload plus manage upwards
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under competing priorities
• Innovative approach to problem solving
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Strong analytical skills
• An excellent understanding of IT
• A strong “can do” attitude
• A strong “customer service” ethic that puts the customer first
• A team player with an ability to positively motivate self and others
• Ability to work under pressure and manage a number of tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work in virtual teams, often remote from other members
• Degree level or qualified by experience
• ITIL foundation qualification desirable
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here