Job Title: Analyst U1, Quality and Risk Operations
Job Category: Analyst
Contract Type: Full-time
Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge?
The Analyst in this role will work within Quality & Risk Operations in Cardiff. This centre of excellence is a division of the firm’s Quality & Risk management function responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory and compliance support activities. Concentrating the efforts in a centre of excellence helps to ensure a high standard of compliance with the underlying regulations while enabling client facing teams to devote more of their time to providing services to their clients.
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic and flexible individual with good IT skills (particularly MS Excel) to help meet the increasingly high demands placed on this busy, exciting and innovative team.
Tasks will include:
• Conduct extensive background checks on new clients, across multiple jurisdictions, typically using IT based research tools and analyse the associated risks on a case by case basis
• Monitor, manage and support the progress of procedures for new client and new work acceptance
• Liaise extensively with internal customers
• Provide Partners with the information needed on which to base decisions
• Complete online ‘take-on’ tool to support client acceptance decisions
• Review and refresh information held on existing clients
• Contribute to ad-hoc project work supporting risk management and regulatory compliance within the UK
The role is expected to grow and evolve rapidly both as the Quality & Risk Operations department expands, and in response to regular changes experienced in our operating environment. Additionally, individuals who demonstrate sufficient capacity and commitment in their primary roles might be given the opportunity to contribute to other projects, thus aiding their personal development.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent Full time.
Your professional experience
Our analysts come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience of financial services. What connects us is our enquiring minds and our ability to deliver a great service. We are looking for:
• Excellent research and analysis skills combined with good judgement and effective decision making capability
• Skilful communicators with strong interpersonal skills at all levels
• Enthusiastic team players but who can also be relied upon to solve problems on their own
• Flexible multi-taskers: This is a dynamic role and you’ll be working on multiple, often complex, cases at the same time. Tight deadlines cannot phase you
• Discretion: You will be required to sign an enhanced confidentiality agreement and will be subject to certain investment restrictions
• A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel and databases
• Working/work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here