Job Title: Amazon Web Services Architecture Lead
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
Deloitte is creating a new Cloud Operations Team in Cardiff to support a wide range of offerings cloud platforms. A core function, the team will play a pivotal role in supporting the wider North West Europe cloud strategy to deliver quality cloud services across this region.
Cardiff is one of Deloitte’s hubs for supporting services so we are looking for talented individuals that seek to make an impact. In return you will be given the opportunity to showcase your talent, be fully supported in an ever changing world of technology and have the opportunity to work and travel across EMEA.
Deloitte IT Services is looking for AWS solutions architects who are passionate about helping build applications at scale in AWS. You will be an experienced hands-on technologist, with technical breadth and depth, along with strong inter-personal skills.
In this role you will work on projects with our business and supporting functions. You will architect and build cloud-based solutions using a wide range of technologies and the full range of AWS services, working alongside people with a diverse range of skillsets
• Architect and design high quality solutions to meet project requirements using AWS services
• Act as a technical liaison between project, security, Devops and service desk teams to ensure that solutions are secure, reliable and easy to maintain
• Work directly with the Devops team to ensure that projects are successfully delivered using Devops approaches and toolset
• Directly collaborate with business development teams to promote and evangelise AWS solutions in IT Services and project teams
• Educate teams on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
• Hands-on experience in architecting, estimating costs and operating solutions built on AWS
• Proven track record of project delivery in a complex environment
• Good understanding of security, performance tuning, resilience, and availability required for a large-scale web architecture
• Experience working within software development or internet-related industries
• Experience of migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams of Devops engineers and developers
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies, learn quickly and pass on this knowledge to other team members
• Experience of agile project management approaches and tools (Atlassian Jira/Confluence)
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (Continuous integration, git, Jenkins, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Devops tools, automation and methodologies used to deploy solutions within a cloud platform (Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation, etc.)
• Working knowledge of microservices and container-based systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
• Strong verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate architecture decisions to management and developers
• Occasional travel to other Deloitte and client sites
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here