Job Title: Test Analyst
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
A fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business with a growing brand in the UK.
We operate some of the UK’s leading price comparison sites for Health Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance with significant innovations and USPs through our world-leading software. We power some of the UK’s leading household comparison sites including Confused.com, GoCompare, Money.co.uk and uSwitch.
ActiveQuote are looking to expand their Development team in Cardiff due to continued success and ambitious plans to deliver several new projects in 2018. This opportunity is for a talented and enthusiastic Test Analyst to join our existing team in delivering cutting edge web applications.
Reporting to the Senior Developer within one of our sprint teams, the Test Analyst will work with the development team to test new and existing products based on the .NET Framework.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of both back end and front-end web testing experience gained within an Agile/Scrum environment. Experience in best practices such as code coverage, unit testing and cross-browser testing is an advantage, as well as experience in automated testing.
The Test Analyst will undertake a hands-on testing role and will be the point of contact for QA within the team, they will be responsible for managing the test strategy, the quality of all releases and their own workloads.
Responsibilities and duties
– Lead the testing of software applications in line with company timescales with a strong focus on quality to ensure products delivered are of the highest standards
– Tests software applications to ensure quality in line with defined process and policy
Produces clear and concise test documentation (e.g. test strategy, test report and defect log)
Drives continuous improvements through root cause analysis of defects and ensures quality through all project stages
– Proactively contributes into, develops and maintains test process and policy
– Works with application developers to ensure a high level of quality in development output
– Liaises with business users to validate, clarify and expand on requirements during development to support successful delivery
– Works with external partners through technical discussion and support to ensure all development requirements and quality metrics are met
– Education, qualifications and training
– ISTQB certified (desirable)
– Degree educated in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field (desirable)
– Previous experience of working in fast paced Agile environments
– Experience in all QA activities during the SDLC
– Demonstrable understanding and experience of using Test Management and Defect Management Tools
– Demonstrable understanding and experience of test automation concepts and best practices
– Working knowledge of test methodologies and processes
– Test Automation
– BDD (Desirable)
What we’re offering
– Salary up to £35,000 per annum, dependent on experience
– 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
– Good location with excellent transport links.
– A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
– Company Benefits – Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, 3% Pension contribution, Buy Additional Leave, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Package.
Applying For The Job
If you think you have what it takes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV and cover letter explaining why and how you are suitable for the role.