Job Title: Systems Administrator
Employer: V12 Retail Finance
Job Category: Business Support
Contract Type: Full-time / Permanent
V12 Retail Finance is a UK specialist provider of Retail Point of Sale Credit, providing finance to customers of a range of retail partners for over 20 years through an online processing system. It employs over 180 staff and is based in offices at Neptune Court in Cardiff. It is owned by Secure Trust Bank, a longstanding established UK bank, whose core business is to provide banking services including a range of savings products, mortgages and other lending solutions. Secure Trust Bank was incorporated in 1954, and operates from its head office in Solihull, West Midlands. It was admitted to AIM in November 2011 and, in October 2016, successfully listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
As a fast-growing company, we are always looking for the best candidates to help us grow our business. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, but we can’t achieve our customer focus strategy without the right people in our team. For us, it’s not just about delivering great customer service, it’s about constantly improving what we do and finding new ways to help our customers and the retail partners we work with. So, we are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, proactive and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
Working as part of a small IT team in our Cardiff base, you will primarily be supporting our office and remote employees to ensure they have all they need to operate effectively. Additionally providing support for retailers or customers who make contact and ensuring a professional and successful conclusion to their issue is provided. With providing a managed service to our customers, we require on-call and out of hours working when required. On-call will be on a rota basis with paid standby/overtime.
– To actively contribute to and support quality and productivity in order to meet overall business objectives.
– To deliver against agreed key performance indicators and deliver exceptional service to customers, staff and retail partners.
– To take ownership, to investigate and resolve technical issues in accordance with Group values.
– To deal directly with customers/colleagues/external businesses to resolve disputes.
– To constantly seek to improve ways of supporting the team by providing constructive feedback and by sharing knowledge, experience and best practice.
– To work closely with all team members, third party providers, internal support areas and external partners to achieve exceptional performance.
– Troubleshooting of issues, including tracing root causes and fixes on an OS, network & server level.
– Monitoring systems and reviewing logs to ensure security is maintained.
– Check and investigate issues found with daily reporting.
– Deployment of new systems for the business as required.
– Liaise with suppliers as needed.
– Provide knowledgeable, confident and comprehensive support at all times.
– Out of hours support when required
– On-call availability
– Experience of working as part of a small but busy IT team in a growing company.
– Experience in administrating Windows based devices.
– Solid understanding of networking with Cisco or Meraki technology Proven logical trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
– Excellent IT and literacy skills.
– Ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload effectively.
– HyperV administration
– Active Directory administration
– DNS and DHCP Windows services
– Group Policy creation and administration
– Microsoft Exchange 2016 administration
– Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
– OS deployment and software patching
– Experience with working SAN arrays such as HP/Dell/IBM Knowledge of backups and restore technology
– Working with ITIL practices (incident, service request, change and problem management)
– Experience of working with security products and services
– Symantec Backup Exec/Veeam backup products
– Checkpoint and Cisco Firewall
– SQL administration
– MCSEs/MCP qualifications in Windows technologies desirable
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here