Job Title: Senior Quality Test Engineer
Job Category: Data Engineering
Contract Type: Full Time
LexisNexis is seeking a Senior Quality Test Engineer with a background in manual and automated testing and a passion for data to join our Cardiff based Data Engineering team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn new technologies and will utilise a variety of tools and skills to pro-actively monitor data quality across our significant data repository. You will be our data quality champion, continuously monitoring and building on our data quality processes while also working closely with colleagues in other development teams.
The successful candidate will be provided with training on our big data platform, HPCC (hpccsystems.com) and will have the opportunity to utilise this platform on a regular basis. They will work closely with teams such as our analytics group as well as leading in continual improvement of our data quality processes.
LexisNexis is the leader in providing essential information that helps advance industry and society. We are a forward thinking, progressive organisation that provides tracing and data cleansing solutions, in addition, deliver critical and decisive processes for identity verification and compliance due diligence. Our products are continually evolving, and that’s where you can help.
As a Senior Quality Test Engineer, you will be expected to plan test approaches, design, write and execute tests and analyse the results to assure data quality meet the agreed requirements. Beyond this, you will pro-actively monitor data quality across our data universe, developing our capability further.
Do your skills meet our requirements?
• Work alongside Data Engineering, Analytics, Product Development and Product Management to ensure data is robust and quality of data remains high
• Monitor for patterns that could indicate attention or further analysis is required
• Create automated tests to monitor data quality and maintain existing automation packs
• Analyse requirements in order to effectively carry out testing activities at a variety of levels (Functional, UAT etc.)
• Carry out both manual and automated regression testing
• Apply testing techniques, patterns, tools and technologies to deliver functionality in line with business goals
• Work effectively within an agile SDLC and participate in sprint planning and retrospectives
• Communicate with technology leaders, product owners and developers to ensure any bugs found are recorded and fixed in accordance with best practices
• As the primary contact for data quality assurance, there is scope for the successful candidate to shape and mould this area
Skills & Experience
• Good QA experience
• Strong understanding of QA methodologies
• Strong knowledge of the software development process
• Proven ability to develop and execute automated tests using tools such as (but not limited to) Cucumber or Selenium (or able to demonstrate suitable transferrable skills)
• Proven track record in quality assurance and project delivery
• Experience working with large volumes of data
• Experience working with databases such as MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
• Experience in testing at a Functional or User Acceptance level
• Experience working within an agile environment
• Experience using test management tools such as JIRA
• Experience working in Kanban or Sprint methodology and can bring value in relation to stringent quality acceptance rules
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices
• Good oral and written communication
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy.
Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Please email Morven Bell – Morven.Bell@lexisnexis.co.uk with your CV attached.