Job Title: Sales Consultant
Job Category: Sales
Contract Type: Full-time
ActiveQuote Ltd is the only complete price comparison website for Health Insurance, Income protection, Critical Insurance and Life Insurance products for individuals and families.
Working with partners including Confused.com, Gocompare, Money.co.uk and uSwitch, as well as attracting our own direct customers, we provide and on-line and telephone service for consumers allowing them to tailor quotes, shortlist policies and buy the best and most cost effective levels of cover for them. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we do not cold call or operate a “hard-sell” business and we pride ourselves on being a pleasure to do business with. Due to natural expansion and internal opportunities, we are looking to grow our Sales Function.
As an ActiveQuote sales advisor you will be responsible for producing high quality, sustainable business through the process of making warm outbound calls to new customers who have enquired via online market comparisons of Income Protection, Life Insurance and Private Medical insurance policies.
You will be expected to offer outstanding customer service through your expertise and knowledge of the marketplace and offer a unique “advised” recommendation best for your customer’s needs. The role requires individuals that are self-motivated, used to achieving challenging targets and managing customer expectations throughout the lifetime of their policy.
Responsibilities and duties
– Working efficiently as possible to ensure maximum customer contact rates are achieved and being “first to market” where possible whilst ensuring all outstanding tasks are completed on time each day.
– Provide the highest levels of customer service and advice to produce and retain business.
– Demonstrating exceptional sales ability, building relationships and rapport whilst carrying out detailed Fact Finds to uncover customer’s demands and needs.
– Effectively matching customer’s demands and needs to the best protection policies available, and fully explaining to individual customer’s how the recommended policies would benefit them within their specific circumstances.
– Liaise with our insurer partners to determine best industry policies and practices and handle customer complaints and cancellations effectively.
– Keep abreast of changes to industry regulations and underwriting criteria of our insurance partners.
– Having a high regard for compliance within a FCA regulated business and adhering to all legislation and regulatory guidelines.
– Contribute to, and follow at all times, ActiveQuote’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
– Being self- motivated and contributing to a positive, working environment with a good team spirit and strong work ethic.
– To constantly display and encourage ActiveQuote company values of INTEGRITY, UNITY, INNOVATION and PASSION.
Education, qualifications and training
– Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Math’s and English at grade C or above (Essential)
– CII or IFS Qualifications (desirable)
– Previous experience of working within a competitive, customer focused or proactive sales role (Essential)
– A proven track record in achieving sales targets and goals (essential).
– Experience of working within an FCA or regulated sales environment (desirable).
– Experience of working with a range of financial products, giving advice on the best suited (desirable).
Work based competencies
– Excellent communication skills. You will need to demonstrate superb verbal and written techniques to all our customers and external partners.
– Keep abreast of the markets ever-changing policies and regulations.
– Excellent organisational skills and capable of multi-tasking to tight deadlines.
– Display and execute sound knowledge of the marketplace to make the best recommendations for our customers.
– Demonstrates problem solving attributes when required.
– Demonstrates the ActiveValues at all times
– Using tenacity, resilience and drive. Showing ambition to thrive within a competitive sales environment.
– Continually striving to exceed challenging targets.
– Demonstrates reliability, honesty and trustworthiness.
– Cooperates well with others, adapting to the team ethos, always showing team spirit.
Specific requirements for the role
– Able to work 37.5hrs per week on a flexible basis.
– Normal business hours are between 9am – 8pm Mon-Thurs, 9am – 5.30pm Friday, 10am – 2pm Sat
– As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
What we’re offering
– Basic Salary: £18,000 – £30,000 dependent on experience + discretionary bonus scheme. OTE £50,000+
– 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
– Full ongoing training will be provided.
– Good location with excellent transport links.
– A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
– Company Benefits include: Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension
– Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, Social Events, Opportunities for Career Development.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here