Job Title: Receptionist
Salary: £17,000 - £18,000
Job Category: Operations
Contract Type: Full-time / Permanent
Due to natural expansion and ambitious growth plans, we are looking to recruit a Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to the highest quality standards.
As a Receptionist, you will be the first point of contact for our Company, providing a professional service and welcoming all guests upon arrival. Duties will include offering administrative support across the Company, coordinating front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful as a Receptionist, you should have a pleasant personality, as this is a customer centric role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multi-tasking and flexibility are essential for this position.
ActiveQuote is the only complete price comparison website for Health Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance Products for individuals and families.
Working with partners including Confused.com, Gocompare, Money.co.uk and uSwitch, as well as attracting our own direct customers, we provide and on-line and telephone service for consumers allowing them to tailor quotes, shortlist policies and buy the best and most cost effective levels of cover for them. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we do not cold call or operate a “hard-sell” business and we pride ourselves on being a pleasure to do business with.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Act as the first point of contact for the Company, provide a professional service and welcome all guests upon arrival. Notify the appropriate person/department that their visitor has arrived. Inform employees of visitors, arrivals or cancellations.
– Answer incoming calls or emails from visitors who are enquiring about the Company and its products or services.
– Action start and end of day procedures ensure answering machine service for out of hours information is directed appropriately – switched to answer machine at close of business each day.
– Answering questions about office hours and who is in the office at any given time.
– Answer and forward calls to the relevant person/department.
– Maintain the cleanliness of the reception area and meeting rooms and ensure they remain presentable at all times.
– Maintain front door security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (report any suspicious activity).
– Responsible for managing requests for, and issuing of, all access ID Badge passes for office (including staff, contractors and temporary visitor passes) as required.
– Monitor logbook, issue visitor badges and ensure all staff correctly sign in and out of the office with their individual ID badges as per the Company’s ID Badge Policy.
Responsible for all incoming post, sorting through mail and ensuring it is distributed to the relevant person/departments.
– Responsible for out-going post, ensuring that it is franked and ready for collection.
– Responsible for maintaining and ordering stationery for all departments and keep inventory of stock.
– To take deliveries and ensure that the relevant staff are informed
– To be the Facilities Contact for the office liaising with staff, contractors, as required and maintaining appropriate site records.
– To be site Health & Safety Coordinator, reporting to Head of Operations, and undertaking H&S tasks as required.
– To assist and carry out general administration for the company.
– To be responsible for updating room allocations and availability on the Portal
– To be responsible for monitoring the car parking issues including booking car parking spaces for visitors.
– To carry out general day to day duties as and when required to ensure the smooth running of the company.
– Support Senior Management team meetings with preparation of materials, minutes and actions, and follow-up of actions.
– Responsible for maintaining and ordering refreshments for the office (check kitchen supplies on a daily basis).
– Representing the business with a positive attitude and professional appearance.
– Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and transcribing.
Education Qualifications & Training
– Minimum of 5 GCSEs including Math’s and English at grade C or above (Essential).
– Administration Qualification (desirable).
– Receptionist Qualification (desirable).
-Minimum of two years receptionist experience (Essential).
– Experience of working within a busy administrative function and be able to maintain accuracy (essential).
– Prior experience of providing excellent customer service (essential).
– Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
– Good IT Skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
-Demonstrates the ActiveValues at all times
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to demonstrate an outstanding telephone manner.
– Able to communicate to diverse range of people clearly and effectively.
– Strong commitment to delivering exceptional customer experience.
– A proven track record in working efficiently and autonomously, with attention to detail and with adherence to process.
– Demonstrates reliability, honesty and trustworthiness.
– Cooperates well with others, adapting to the team ethos, always showing team spirit.
– Excellent time management skills, able to plan your duties within your day.
– Ability to problem solve using own initiative.
– Excellent time management skills and experience of successfully achieving deadlines and working without close supervision.
Specific requirements for the role
– Able to work 37.5hrs per week.
– Working hours 9am to 5.30pm Mon to Fri
– Reception area to be manned at all times
– As we are regulated by the FCA we are unable to take applications from anyone with a history of bankruptcy, IVAs or CCJs.
What we’re offering
– Salary £17,000 – £18,000
– 30 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays).
– Full ongoing training will be provided.
– Good location with excellent transport links.
– A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
– Company Benefits include: Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension Plan,
– Cycle to Work Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, Social Events, Opportunities for – – – – Career Development.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com