Job Title: Quality Test Engineer III Automation
Employer: LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
LexisNexis is seeking a Quality Test Engineer with a background in both manual or automated testing to join one of our Cardiff based development teams. Our teams are agile, supporting multiple products with a challenging and exciting roadmap and opportunity to contribute significantly to the success of the organisation.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge of automation using Cucumber (or to make significant use of it if they already possess experience) while also being required to contribute to the team’s manual testing requirements.
The successful candidate will be provided with training on our big data platform, HPCC (hpccsystems.com) and will have the opportunity to utilise this platform on a regular basis.
LexisNexis is the leader in providing essential information that helps advance industry and society. We are a forward thinking, progressive organisation that provides tracing and data cleansing solutions, in addition, deliver critical and decisive processes for identity verification and compliance due diligence. Our products are continually evolving, and that’s where you can help.
As a Quality Test Engineer, you will be expected to plan test approaches, design, write and execute tests and analyse the results to assure software changes meet the agreed requirements.
Do your skills meet our requirements?
• Work alongside product management, project management and engineering teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements; to assure business requirements and quality standards are met
• Create automated tests for new features and maintain existing automation packs
• Analyse requirements in order to effectively carry out testing activities at a variety of levels (Functional, UAT etc.)
• Carry out both manual and automated regression testing
• Apply testing techniques, patterns, tools and technologies to deliver functionality in line with business goals
• Work effectively within an agile SDLC and participate in sprint planning and retrospectives.
• Communicate with product owners and developers to ensure any bugs found are recorded and fixed in accordance with best practices
Skills & Experience
• Good QA experience
• Strong understanding of QA methodologies
• Strong knowledge of the software development process
• Proven ability to develop and execute automated tests using tools such as Cucumber or Selenium (or able to demonstrate suitable transferrable skills)
• Proven track record in quality assurance and project delivery
• Experience working with large volumes of data
• Experience working with databases such as MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
• Experience in testing at a Functional or User Acceptance level
• Experience working within an agile environment
• Experience using test management tools such as JIRA
• A working knowledge of source code management tools like GIT and SVN
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices
• Good oral and written communication
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy.
Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.