Job Title: Quality & Risk Analyst (Firm Independence)
Job Category: Risk Analyitics
Contract Type: Full-time
What impact will you make?
Discover, investigate, influence. Our sharp, analytical minds are relied upon to ensure that Deloitte operates safely in an increasingly complex regulatory environment. Are you up to the challenge?
The Analyst in this role will work within Quality & Risk Operations in Cardiff. This centre of excellence is a division of the firm’s Quality & Risk management function responsible for a variety of quality, risk, regulatory and compliance support activities. Concentrating the efforts in a centre of excellence helps to ensure a high standard of compliance with the underlying regulations while enabling client facing teams to devote more of their time to providing services to their clients.
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic and flexible individual with good IT skills (particularly MS Excel) to help meet the increasingly high demands placed on this busy, exciting and innovative team.
You will be based in the Quality and Risk team in our central Cardiff office.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
Tasks will include:
– Maintain the accuracy and completeness of bespoke systems to create the required outputs
– Liaise with colleagues and Partners, answering queries and preparing management reports
– Undertake independent entity research to establish legal identity and nature of client
– Import and update monthly data from internal and external sources
– Assist in maintaining the global systems which the firm uses to adhere to auditor independence regulations
– Liaise with colleagues across our global network of offices to resolve complex queries
– Research the relationships between companies to understand corporate structures
– Provide ad-hoc support to the Firm Independence team and the Quality and Risk community when required
The role is expected to grow and evolve rapidly both as the Quality & Risk Operations department expands, and in response to regular changes experienced in our operating environment. Additionally, individuals who demonstrate sufficient capacity and commitment in their primary roles might be given the opportunity to contribute to other projects, thus aiding their personal development.
Our analysts come from a wide range of backgrounds, sometimes with little or no prior experience of financial services. What connects us is our enquiring minds and our ability to deliver a great service.
We are looking for:
– Excellent research and analysis skills combined with good judgement and effective decision making capability
– Skilful communicators with strong interpersonal skills at all levels
– Enthusiastic team players but who can also be relied upon to solve problems on their own
– Flexible multi-taskers: This is a dynamic role and you’ll be working on multiple, often complex, cases at the same time. Tight deadlines cannot phase you
– Discretion: You will be required to sign an enhanced confidentiality agreement and will be subject to certain investment restrictions
– A high level of IT user competence, particularly in Microsoft Excel and databases
From the start you will be hired as a permanent member of staff so we make a serious commitment to your future. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, a structured training and development plan and a raft of other perks and discounts. And we won’t just throw you in at the deep end. You’ll feel part of the team from day one. Our comprehensive induction and training programmes will give you the confidence to fly and our established network of ‘buddies’ and mentors will be there to support and guide you every step of the way.
You are here: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here