Job Title: Learning & Development Manager
Salary: £30,000, negotiable dependent upon experience
Employer: Welsh Financial Services & Data Science Graduate Programme
Job Category: Learning & Development
Contract Type: Full-time / Fixed-term
The Welsh Contact Centre Forum is the lead sponsor of the Welsh Financial Services & Data Science Graduate Programmes, which are delivered in partnership with leading employers and academia.
This unique and multi-layered programme aims to create and retain a top class graduate talent pool in Wales and has recruited over 105 graduates to date, 98% of which secure permanent positions within the industry.
This is an exciting and challenging role which is integral to the successful achievement of programme aims and ensuring an excellent learning experience for graduates. The Learning & Development Manager will work closely with the Programme Team and be responsible for;
– Working effectively with employers/managers to ensure placements are delivering high quality learning experiences for graduates and are consistent across the consortium.
– Working with graduates and employers to develop a competency framework and high quality training and development plans to support both programme strands.
– Work with employers to develop an effective performance management system and ensure a consistent approach is applied across the employer network through close liaison with managers and graduates.
– Working closely with University Partner(s) to ensure delivery of a high quality and current qualification, which meets employer, graduates and WCCF requirements and expectations. To develop effective relationships with University staff and identify solutions to combat issues/challenges during the contract period.
– Benchmarking against best practice graduate programmes in order to continuously improve and offer a best in place graduate programme through effective engagement with employers internally and externally.
– To work closely with the Liaison Manager to ensure regular intelligence and data regarding the MSc and placements are delivering to programme quality standards to ensure an excellent programme experience.
– Develop relationships with recruitment partner’s i.e. Welsh Universities to effectively raise profile of and promote programmes through direct contact and networking opportunities.
– To develop a holistic understanding of the wider programme strategic vision and objectives and act as a professional ambassador to promote the
– Develop and implement ongoing evaluation & continuous improvement processes and recommendations.
– Excellent interpersonal, persuasion and strong articulation skills
– Time management & Planning – ability to think and plan ahead.
– Ability to confidently interact with senior employers and managers.
– High degree of accuracy and quality of written work
– Sound administrative and IT skills – Microsoft Office.
– Methodical and well-organised using processes to ensure deliverables are timely, cost effective and of high quality.
– Tenacious and determined in the pursuit of project objectives
– Pragmatic in the face of problems – capable to work both independently and in a team.
– Eager, hard-working and proud to deliver professional quality results.
– Resilient in the face of pressure with a strong ability to meet deadlines
– Pleasure to work with, will roll up sleeves, find a way to get the job done and have fun doing it.
– Strong team player and ambassador for the Graduate Programme
Education / Qualifications
– Degree level preferred in a HR/HR Learning and Development discipline and/or
– CIPD qualified and/or
– Demonstrable experience in an L&D role within a commercial environment.
– Experienced with the MS Office, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Social Media platforms.
It would also be useful for the post holder to:
Speak and write Welsh.
TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT Rowena O’Sullivan at: Rowena.O’Sullivan@atradius.com