Job Title: Front End Developer
Salary: Up to £35,000, dependent on experience
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
A fantastic opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business with a growing brand in the UK. We operate some of the UK’s leading price comparison sites for Health Insurance, Income Protection and Life Insurance with significant innovations and USPs through our world-leading software. We power some of the UK’s leading household comparison sites including Confused.com, GoCompare, uSwitch and Money.co.uk.
ActiveQuote are looking to expand their Development team in Cardiff due to continued success and ambitious plans to deliver several new projects in 2018. This opportunity is for a talented and enthusiastic Front End Developer to join our existing team in delivering cutting edge web applications.
Reporting to the Senior Front End Developer, the Front End Developer will work with the development team designing, building and developing new front-end projects, customer-facing sites and build systems, as well as improving existing products under the guidance of the senior front end developer.
Responsibilities and Duties
Education, qualifications and training
– Degree educated in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field (desirable)
– Experience of creating user friendly wireframes, designing and creating functional, responsive websites
– Working within an agile environment (desirable)
– Experience creating fully functioning front end templates from Photoshop or wireframe designs
– Experience with Node & Gulp (desirable)
– Exposure of Visual Studio as you’ll be working in a team with .NET MVC C# developers
– Experience working with CSS Grid system like Bootstrap or similar
– Use of Wireframing / Prototyping tools
– Experience of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
– An understanding of UX and UI design
– Mobile application development (desirable)
-Experience using CMS (Preferably Umbraco)
– Creative, highly organised, able to manage deadlines
– A desire to keep up to date with the latest advances in front end development and design
– Knowledge of current web trends and best practices.
– Excellent verbal and written communication
– Passionate and hard working
– Engaging individual who works well with others
Specific requirements for the role
– Basic salary up to £35,000, dependent on experience
– 30 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
– Good location with excellent transport links.
– A hard working but fun and lively atmosphere with opportunities to develop within the business.
– Company Benefits – Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance, Pension contribution, Buy Additional Leave, – Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Package.
Applying For The Job
f you think you have what it takes, please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and cover letter explaining why and how you are suitable for the role.