Job Title: Front End Developer
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time / Permanent
This role will need you to build good working relationships with colleagues, demonstrate strong customer focus and good communication skills. Joining a team comprising 30 IT professionals delivering change using Scrum, you will work closely with other developers, testers, architects and business change professionals.
What you will do:
Working in one of our Scrum teams, you will be responsible for:
– Completing work to ensure team deliverables are on time and fit for purpose.
– Taking personal responsibility and ownership for completion of business outcomes
– Providing development support to colleagues and third parties to deliver on Society objectives to timescales
– Ensuring that code meets quality expectations
– Actively seeking out opportunities to improve our systems or how we use technical solutions to improve organisational performance, e.g. language, tool, processes.
– Being proactive, collaborative and contribute positively to team working and ceremonies.
– Providing production support as required.
What we are looking for:
Who are we?
With 53 branches and 18 agencies across Wales and the borders, Principality is the 6th largest Building Society in the UK. As a mutual society, we are owned by and run for the benefit of our 500,000 members.
It’s an exciting time to join us as we’re currently on a Group wide transformational journey that will see our brand, technology, colleague and customer offerings updated and enhanced to really put Principality on the map and make us a brand and employer of choice within Wales and beyond. This is supported by our recent sponsorship of the iconic Principality Stadium, which has put us on a global stage.
As a business, Principality is keen to recruit talented individuals who are interested in joining a company in which they can really make a difference. Although the Society has been established for nearly 160 years, we pride ourselves on a progressive culture, which encourages its employees to thrive.
What can we offer you?
As well as a great working environment with a strong family feel and plenty of opportunities for development and growth, you can expect a generous package that includes pension, bonus and incentive schemes, free life assurance cover, critical illness protection, private healthcare and the option to buy extra holiday each year. You can also be a part of our Sports & Social club which gives our colleagues access to discounted theatre, sporting and family events and to top it all off, we always have tickets up for grabs for the latest events at Principality Stadium.
As Principality colleagues, we want you to walk a mile in our customer’s shoes. This is why we provide all staff with £100 to open a savings account at your local branch to really feel a part of our core business. £100 also grants you voting rights at the Principality Annual General Meeting.