Job Title: Developer for Web/mobile Applications
Salary: up to £40,000 +benefits
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full-time
This is an opportunity to join a new and ambitious team looking to revolutionise the sharing economy, and to help us create and shape our future success. Although owned and financed by a big company with all the benefits that brings, we work hard to keep a start-up mentality within our team focussing on rapid delivery (multiple live deployments per week) and Agile development to support our test-and-learn approach.
The developer will build websites, mobile applications and associated services using cutting edge technologies including Python/Django/React.js, React Native and Amazon Web Services. We use best-in-class tools such as GitHub, Slack and Trello to help us rapidly deliver the innovative solutions needed to create and disrupt this market. We want ambitious, imaginative IT professionals to join our fast-growing team and help us to create and deliver on the vision that will carry us on our exciting journey.
– Deliver high quality, maintainable and efficient code to defined standards.
– Identify and implement outstanding solutions.
– Follow good practices such as Test Driven Development and Scrum.
– Keep up to date with the latest developments in cloud computing, development practices (e.g. DevOps) and associated technologies.
– Actively and constructively offer recommendations for product development and support the Agile development lifecycle.
– This is not a full definition of the role but covers the main aspects and drivers for success.
Experience and Qualifications Required
– Proven professional experience in building commercial websites.
– Highly analytical.
– An excellent understanding of software development practices.
– Understanding of issues affecting websites around scalability, availability, security and usability.
– Degree or above in a technical or numerate subject.
– Previous experience of delivering projects in line with service level agreements.
– A working knowledge of systems development life cycles (SDLC).
– Exposure or experience to the following technologies would be beneficial:
– Experience of working in an Agile methodology such as Scrum
– Experience of cloud-based hosting environments (e.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform)
– ReactJS/React Native
– SQL and Database Design
– TDD, unit testing and continuous integration (e.g. CircleCI, TFS)
– Mobile (iOS and/or Android) app development
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here