Job Title: Manager, Firm Independence, National Quality & Risk Management
Job Category: Risk Management
Contract Type: Full-time / 12 month contract
Play an integral and visible role within the firm – An opportunity exists for a manager to become an integral part of the Firm Independence Team within National Quality & Risk Management (NQRM) with particular emphasis on PCAOB audit support, audit tendering and assisting the senior manager in managing the enhanced audit independence support activities and individuals in Cardiff.
The role also offers a unique opportunity to work with client service teams across the whole firm. The team has regular exposure to the most senior levels of the firm’s management, including high visibility among the senior partners of the business as well as new service line offerings and acquisitions.
Given the importance of independence within our audit client population together with the pursuit of alternative delivery models and increased regulatory change, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person. The role will also involve liaising with overseas contacts within the DTTL network and broadening your understanding of auditor independence requirements.
The role will involve the following (the level of involvement and management oversight will depend on the experience of the individual):
– Assisting engagement teams with their analysis of independence matters and advising on the implications as a result of services provided and business relationships entered into.
– Completion of audit file documentation and client reporting packs including key Audit Committee papers on independence.
– Assisting in the management of the audit proposal support activities in Cardiff (currently around conflicts and entities) providing advice and guidance as well as developing more junior team members.
– Assisting partners and client service engagement teams in technical consultations for the provision of services to clients across all areas of the business.
– Interpreting regulation, professional guidance and other pronouncements and applying them to the business environment.
– Advising the business on the regulatory impact when developing new products and services.
– Having an opportunity to input into technical material, including policy and guidance, for firm-wide distribution.
– Having an opportunity to input into consultation papers produced by external regulators.
– Ongoing and ad hoc independence matters and projects including support in Cardiff on audit quality & risk related projects where auditing and client facing engagement team experience can add value.
– Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Primarily Cardiff, with monthly travel to London and the opportunity to work from Bristol.
Suggested work pattern:
Fixed Term full-time
Your professional experience
– A professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA) or equivalent qualification
– Familiarity with our service lines (Consulting, Tax, Corporate Finance) and in particular familiarity with Audit.
– Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people at all levels across the firm
– The ability to work well individually, as well as part of a team
– Strong people management skills
– Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines
– Strong management, analytical and organisational skills and ability to prioritise
– Flexibility to meet client demands
– Strong IT skills
– Your service line
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Find out more about Deloitte HERE
Applying For The Job
Apply direct for the job by clicking here