Job Title: Data Specialist
Job Category: IT & Technical
Contract Type: Full Time
LexisNexis is seeking a Data Specialist with a passion for data and a strong customer focus to manage and respond to various data support and reporting requests. The role will require a background working with data, querying it, manipulating it and collating to manageable outputs.
The successful candidate will be essential in helping us achieve our regulatory requirements. They will have the opportunity to learn new technologies and will utilise a variety of tools and skills to respond to data queries, collating information into clear and concise reports for business stakeholders within set SLAs. They will be responsible for monitoring the queue of requests and ensuring that requests are receiving responses within the correct timeframe.
The successful candidate will be provided with training on our big data platform, HPCC (hpccsystems.com) and will have the opportunity to utilise this platform, as well as other data repositories to retrieve information.
LexisNexis is the leader in providing essential information that helps advance industry and society. We are a forward thinking, progressive organisation that provides tracing and data cleansing solutions, in addition, deliver critical and decisive processes for identity verification and compliance due diligence. Our products are continually evolving, and that’s where you can help.
As a Data Specialist, you will be expected to take initiative and ensure that we achieve our support and reporting targets. You will respond to requests for information from various teams within our business, such as Legal, Compliance, Customer Services and Information Security providing outputs in clear, well-structured formats.
Do your skills meet our requirements?
• Track and respond to data reporting and update requests within set SLAs, such as:
• Subject Access Requests
• Investigating data complaints/enquiries
• Applying Notice of Corrections
• Monitoring data retention periods
• Providing ad-hoc reports to the Data Protection Officer
• Collate information from a variety of data repositories (such as HPCC/application logs) into clear, informative reports
• Work alongside Application Support, Data Engineering and Product Development teams to ensure data retrieved is accurate and produced in a timely manner
• Monitor reporting requests and report on volume fluctuations and trends
• Communicate with technology leaders, development team members and business stakeholders to ensure teams are kept well informed
Skills & Experience
• Data query experience – either through a traditional database such as MySQL or through significant experience with complex functionality of an application such as Microsoft Excel
• Ability to query data repositories to retrieve specific data based on a set of parameters
• Strong analytical and investigative skills
• Technically astute and able to quickly learn to use new systems
• Good oral and written communication
• Experience using task management tools such as JIRA
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices
We’re a superb company to work for, with great people, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
Please email Morven Bell – Morven.Bell@lexisnexis.co.uk with your CV attached.